Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Parrot

Lily is at that age now where everything we say is being heard....and repeated. We have been having a good time with it...well most of the time.

Papa has been the latest culprit of tempting our little parrot. When Lily was over at Grandma & Papa B.'s house last week, Papa had told her to go into the other room where Grandma was and say "What'cha doin' woman?!" Well...of course she did, and it was a big laugh.

I talked to Justin the other day and this was the story he told me:
So, this Tuesday, Papa went and picked up Lily from daycare. He had Maryanna and Powell with him as well and was getting them all strapped in to their carseats. Once Lily was strapped in, he realized the seat itself was not strapped in....so...he was helping her get unbuckled to fix the seat...his face less than a foot away from Lily's....and Lily says straight-faced "What'cha doin' woman?!"

When I heard this, I almost cried with laughter. To imagine my little, sweet, innocent :-) daughter saying something like that to her Papa without being prompted was just too much. Of course, we will have to keep an eye on this parrot to make sure she is not bordering disrespect ...but Papa...you started it! :-)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Way to funny--she is adorable and smart!!! Yep, now you have to start being a little bit more careful. Just wait till they can spell and tell time then all your tricks are gone...

Michelle said...

Oh, I am not looking forward to those days. The spelling thing is gold right now!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com