Friday, April 2, 2010

Getting dressed

Just recently, Lily has entered into a new phase. She is very particular about the outfit and shoes she will be wearing for the day.

This makes for a difficult morning routine in our house. Many mornings, Lily is in tears because she either wants to wear a sleeveless dress when it is 65 degrees and/or raining out, flip-flops to school (a no-no in our house), or a turtleneck when it is 70 degrees + !

I have heard from a couple of friends that age 3 is when this "independent streak" with clothing begins. I'm less than thrilled about it, but as always, we will push on through. I try to give her as many choices as possible, but sometimes I need to draw the line.

Funny story about the shoes. I know I have blogged about her shoe obsession a couple of times before, but this is just a true example of how much Lily loves her shoes.

Last weekend when my Mom was out to visit, we filled two gallon bags of size 6 shoes to put away! She literally skipped through size 7 shoes (only 1 gallon bag to fill) and is now in size 8. Well, she has about 3 pairs of size 8 shoes (2 dressy and 1 sandal) that she cannot wear to school. I went out and bought her a pair of cute white tennis shoes (with rainbows and butterflies :) last weekend that she could wear to school during the week.

This morning, Lily and I were discussing her Easter outfit for her school party. We had her dress picked out, hair styled and accessorized (very important!), and finally got down to shoes. Assuming she would just wear the tennis shoes, I asked her to go get her Easter socks and "rainbow" shoes.

Then a fit ensued. Oh great...what now?!

The response from Lily, after tears, was "Mom...I don't like having to wear the SAME pair of shoes EVERY DAY!!"

(mind you, she has had these shoes for less than 1 week)

Apparently, I have created a mini-me. I'm without words.

1 comment:

Losie Family said...

HAHAHA Better get that girl a job ASAP so she can buy all those shoes! :P How cute!!!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com