Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Prayers

I seem to document a lot about prayer related to Lily, but I think it's because it is one of the things that touches my heart the most.

Justin taught Lily a while back that each time we see or hear an ambulance/fire truck, we stop to pray for the emergency workers and those that are hurt.

Because we happen to live near a hospital, we hear ambulance drivers quite a bit. This has reinforced prayer throughout the day for Lily, not just for meals or bedtime.

I am so thankful that Justin has helped place the desire in Lily's heart to care for others, and to ask Jesus to take care of others...even those we do not know.

This morning on our way to school, Lily said "Mommy, can we say a little prayer for you and me?" I told her sure and asked what she wanted to pray for? She said "I want to pray that my nose will stop stuffing up, that my coughs will go away, and that your back will feel better." (I had some back pain after cleaning last Saturday, which apparently I had complained about in front of her.)

I hope she always knows that God hears our prayers and answers them, no matter how small they may seem.

No comments:



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com