Monday, October 17, 2016

First day of school 2016- 4th grade and Kindergarten

I was doing great all summer, blissfully suppressing all my emotions regarding my "baby" starting Kindergarten. But when August 11th rolled around, I could no longer avoid it. All the school shopping, schedule preparation, back to school night, and finding out the teacher excitement finally hit me. And thankfully, Justin came with me for this big day knowing it would be huge not only for me, but he as well. Obviously, I lost it. But I'm glad I waited until leaving the building before I hid my head in an ugly cry. It's a new chapter for our family and I'm so proud of both of our kids. They are so smart, well-adjusted, and eager to learn. We couldn't be more excited for Lily as she steps up to the challenge of 4th grade, and for Jackson as he learns the new rules and wonder of Kindergarten. 

We were praying he would get Mrs. Bailey and were elated to hear the news that Jackson would be in her class. She is a wonderful, energetic, caring, and structured teacher and Jackson already loves her so much!
And even though we had no idea who Lily would be blessed with, God did and gave her animal-loving Mrs. McHenry. She talks a lot about her animals and this is right up Lily's alley.
Back to school night
Back to school celebration dinner at Texas Roadhouse
First day of 4th grade and Kindergarten!

Lily is pretty much to the age where she would like me to walk her to class, but peer pressure tells her otherwise. She was nervous as all of her friends were split up into the four classes this year, but as always, she is thriving as a leader in her class.

This one almost broke me. Thank goodness for Daddy. I think I may have just taken him home with me if it were up to me.

We were both biting our lip trying not to cry. Our final goodbye...I left and cried, and he had an amazing first day! So proud of this little man.

No comments:



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com