Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas cookie baking


Last Saturday morning we had a Christmas cookie baking day at our house. Aunt Sarah and Grandma B. joined us and we made loads of cookies and holiday treats.
This was Lily's first year actually getting involved in the cookie baking, and boy, did she love it. And by love it, I mean she loved tasting it. I bet that child ate more cookie dough that day than she ever has!


Aunt Sarah had a great time baking up a storm! She made holiday popcorn, these yummy treats with Special K cereal and peanut butter, and frosted and decorated all the sugar cookies! She was busy!



Grandma B. made sugar cookies, candy cane cookies (a Bolinger favorite!), chocolate-covered pretzel rods and pirouettes, and nutty delights. She is such a natural at cookie baking. Everything she makes is delicious!
And I made...thimble cookies! I love this recipe from Mrs. Swete, my best friend's mom.

We put together some plates for Lily's daycare teachers to enjoy. What a fun morning!

1 comment:

carissab said...

You've been blogging! I didn't even know you were posting more often!! Yeah, for me, a little bit of reading at nap time! :-) Love the pics, still sorry for the mix up that day, love lily's top!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com