Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Berenstain Bears


Every week we go to storytime at the library here in Independence. Lily loves going to storytime and the librarians do a fantastic job incorporating a theme for each week, including a craft. It's also a nice, relaxing half-hour that I can read myself! :-)

We typically check out a few books each week, and Lily has really become fond of the Berenstain Bears series. I vaguely remember these books from childhood, but according to Grandma B., they were some of Justin's favorites.

After reading a few, I am becoming a huge fan. Not only is Lily thoroughly entertained by the pictures and sense of humor in the books...but I am LOVING the messages the authors write about.
Examples: The Berenstain Bears Forget Their Manners, The Berenstain Bears Learn About Strangers, to name a few.

I remember purchasing some books on similar themes from another author and Lily was not interested. She didn't like the pictures and the book just didn't grab her attention like these do. So glad I can incorporate some good teaching lessons into our reading time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We love the Berenstain Bears too!! Another cute series are the "Franklin" books, they also have great messages.

--Julia



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com