Saturday, January 7, 2012

The spoon

Today, after much hesitation and delay, I introduced the spoon to Jackson. My delay in doing so was purely my own hang-ups with mess and cleanup. I am realizing more that I really lucked out with Lily being in daycare. They did most of the dirty work for me!
I decided to start with oatmeal. It clumps easily and sticks better to the spoon, so I figured that might be a good starter for Jackson.
All was going well....slow, controlled movements by Jackson and many smiles as he started to figure it out. I helped him with his first bowl and started to see that he was somewhat getting the hang of it.
Then, I made the mistake of turning my back for a few minutes to get some housework done. BIG mistake...



Yep....it will be bath time after breakfast today! At least he had some fun! Such a stinker!

1 comment:

Emily Blair said...

Cleaning up oatmeal is the worst! That and cottage cheese. The little sticky clumps get everywhere! Good luck!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com