Thursday, August 2, 2012

"Appy Cake"

During our last trip to CA, we celebrated Aunt Sarah's birthday at the beach house.  Grandma made her a British trifle:


When Jackson saw this in the refrigerator, he had his mind set on it.  I tried explaining to him that we needed to sing "Happy Birthday" to Aunt Sarah first, and then we would have birthday cake.  He kept repeating some of the words I was saying, and the most understandable phrase was "Appy Cake!"  I just thought it was so funny that, with his minimal vocabulary, he would find a way to articulate "cake"!  I really should not be that surprised :)

So now every time he sees a cake or cupcake in a book or elsewhere, he shouts "Appy Cake!"

And if you think about it, it makes sense.  Who isn't happy when they are eating cake!?

No comments:



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com