Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Random responses from Jackson

Within the past week, there have been a couple of instances where I have been rather surprised by Jackson's response.  Sometimes I forget how much new information he is absorbing on a daily basis and as a result, learning new words.

Yesterday morning, I had just woken up to my alarm (aka Jackson) and went in to get him out of his crib.  As I put him on the couch, he immediately asked for milk.  Still one eye closed, I shuffled over to the fridge to get his milk and as I was handing it to him, I heard "Dank you, Mommy" in a quiet voice.  What?!?!?  All of this manner-training seems to be working!  That was the first time I had heard a "thank you" without asking for it first.  Made my day.

This afternoon, I was preparing lunch for Jackson.  I asked him if he wanted some peanut butter and crackers.  He said "Yeah", and then as I was headed to the pantry, blurted out "Yeah Baby!!"  I just cracked up!  I didn't realize peanut butter & crackers was so exciting!  (His big sister has said that quite a few times, so he is obviously catching on.)

Within the last month, we have really noticed his speech developing.  These moments sure make it a lot of fun!

No comments:



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com