Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Potty Training Bootcamp

(We have had internet issues all summer and it has finally been resolved (Yay!!!), so I'm catching up!)

The week after Memorial Day, I decided we were going to tackle potty training.  Lily was starting summer school and I thought this would be a perfect time (if there is such a thing).  I had come across a website of a mom who claimed to potty-train her three boys in 3 days!  Very skeptical of the success of this process, I read on.  And the more I read, the more I bought in to her idea.  Her process involved an hour-by-hour schedule, no pull-ups (which I was hoping to avoid), and a list of "what to do if" 's.  Perfect!  I thought it was worth a shot.  Terrified with the idea of cleaning up waste all day, I bought some dollar-store tablecloths and lined the living room, and some lollipops to help keep him seated for (ahem) longer potty trips. :)

And here he is on Day 1...Elmo Potty Time video, sippy cup full of juice, and his potty chair.
Lily helped out when she was home
What's bootcamp without a uniform?! Ha!
With the exception of a few minor accidents, this "3 day potty training" process worked!  Now, I will say that this summer has not exactly been a breeze.  I realize that the term "training" will be around a little longer this time around.  A prime example was during our last trip to CA- time change, more liquid than usual, and a mama who was "on vacation" and not on top of it!
But, I am very happy with his progress and can confidently send him to Preschool in a couple of weeks (sniff, sniff) knowing he will do just fine!

No comments:



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com