Friday, January 9, 2015

Jackson's prayer

Every morning and evening, Daddy leads us in what we call "family prayer". I love this time. Typically Daddy is the one who prays, but he does ask if one or both of the kids would like to lead in prayer.

Jackson has become our consistent volunteer. Depending on the day, we are either full of pride or shock with what comes out of his mouth during this time.

Recently, he has been adding that we "not get caught up in nets" to his list of many things he is either thankful for or fearful of. I wasn't sure if I heard it right the first time, so I waited to see if it came up again. After I clearly heard it the second time, I decided to investigate what on earth he was talking about?

When I asked him about it, he answered, "You know, like when the superheroes are trying the save the bad guys and a net falls down on them and traps them?"

Of course! I should have guessed.  Well, if a random net falling down on us is prevented all thanks to the powerful prayers of our 4-year-old superhero, I'll take it!

We love you, Jackson! :-)

No comments:



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com