Wednesday, March 3, 2010

E.R.

So last night, we had an eventful evening in Children's Mercy Hospital E.R.

Just as I was leaving work last night, I called to check in and found out that Lily had just fallen down our basement stairs. Justin was getting her ready to head to the hospital when I called.

For most of you who know my paranoia, it was really hard for me not to completely freak out!

We are in the process of remodeling our basement, therefore the stairs are exposed wood and the landing at the end of the stairs is concrete! I immediately envisioned Lily head over foot tumbling down all of those stairs only to land on concrete! My poor child!!

Luckily, she did not pass out or vomit...signs of a severe head injury. No...my baby SCREAMED! According to the doctor, that's a really good thing. The doctor checked her out and she was cleared of any major injury- no labs or x-rays needed. In fact, she was jumping around in the E.R. and doctor's office. Probably made the other patients wonder why we were even there!

We are very happy she is doing well and we are praying these next 48 hours are smooth sailing.

Here are some pictures of her goose egg:



This was her "sad" face while eating her breakfast this morning.

If you will notice, she has a faint blue mustache. The doctor gave her a bottle of Gatorade and she was in heaven!

1 comment:

Losie Family said...

Glad she's OK :) Only could Lily still look adorable with a goose egg and a mustache :) heehee Give her kisses from Aunt Lauren and Uncle Phil!!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com