Wednesday, March 10, 2010

First visit to the Dentist!


On Tuesday, Lily had her first dentist visit.


I found a great pediatric dentist that had come recommended and decided to try them out. Boy, have things changed since I was little! I remember as a kid getting excited to pick out a toy from the treasure chest after my visit. Lily was bombarded with all kinds of exciting fun things!


She had her choice of toothbrush, a choice of toothpaste for her cleaning (there were 5! she chose cookie dough ;), got to wear special cool sunglasses during her cleaning, and she was given some stickers and a little coin to go to the toy vending machine after her cleaning and pick a toy.


They had tons of video screens on the walls and on the ceiling to entertain the kids, and the hygienists and dentists were so awesome in communicating to Lily in her own language about their dental tools and what was happening next.


My favorite part was when the hygienist told Lily she was going to turn her teeth into "princess teeth". She was great at keeping up with that theme the entire cleaning. Lily bought right into it too!


Lily did such a fantastic job and thankfully...no cavities! She is very excited to go back in 6 months. And I am happy there were no tears or fear in the whole process.


1 comment:

Losie Family said...

I love how serious her face is with those sunglasses on hahah!!!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com