Saturday, March 31, 2012

Kansas City Zoo

Today we made our first visit to the Kansas City Zoo. I can't believe it took us so long to go! It was "free zoo day" for the residents in our county (one benefit of paying taxes!), so I thought even if we lasted an hour, it would be worth it! And it was! We were there for 4 1/2 hours! We met up with Hilary and kids along with my church friend, Elizabeth, and her kids. We packed up picnic lunches and headed out! Lily & Jackson had a great time. Of course, we didn't see it all so we will be back!

with Hilary, Colin, & Maria

with Elizabeth, Jack, Max, & Kate

"the sea otters were That Big!"

over 36 kangaroos on a 3 acre plot of land

huge elephants, tired girl

typical Lily...the only one that will pose when I ask :)
(side note: She wanted to wear a fancy dress and sandals to the zoo. I told her she had to choose something that was OK to get dirty and she needed to wear tennis shoes. This was her choice. This girl LOVES dresses and skirts!)

showing off their souvenir pennies (the ones you crank in the machine :)

No comments:



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com