Sunday, March 4, 2012

Style

It is interesting what traits I have realized about myself since becoming a mom. And unfortunately, I have to say the ugly ones are easier to see. One of these ugly traits is Control. Lily is 5-years-old now and very capable to dress herself and choose her own outfit in the morning. Although I am thankful she has this skill, I am also having issues with it. Case in point:


There have been many morning disagreements on what goes with what, etc. and I finally gave up. My child can debate just like me! (and in this case that is not a positive thing) If she wants to wear pink with red, brown with black, or patterns with stripes with polka dots, so be it. Although I cringe at some of her choices, we have come to a happy medium. She is allowed to choose her own attire to preschool, however, I reserve the right to choose Sunday attire for church and special occasions.

See, Mommy can be a little flexible! :) Small steps...

No comments:



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com