Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Rhyming

This morning on our drive to daycare, Lily asked me about words that rhyme. How she knows about rhyming at this point I have no idea, but I went with it!

So I started with "tree", "truck", "car". By her responses, I could tell that this would be an educational moment for Lily. She was all over the board with her answers!

She then suggested "cloud". Now, this was 7:00am and I still had not had my coffee, so this was a hard one! As I was thinking of a response, she blurted out "frowed!"

I then proceeded to tell her that she did a good job, but I didn't think "frowed" was a word. I finally came up with "proud", but she argued "no Mommy...frowed!"

Since she was so stuck on the word, I felt it my parental duty to make sure she knew "frowed" was not a word. So then she responded, "it's a word in Spanish!"

Uhh...what?! I burst into laughter. What a clever little one we have. Good one Lily! If it's not in the English dictionary, it must be in the Spanish one! Love it.

3 comments:

Pat said...

Love these little Lily gems!

“Frowed” – actually a derivative of the word “froe” – a cleaving tool having a heavy blade set at right angles to the handle. So technically the act of having used this tool could be “I froed with great energy”?????

You have a little Einstein on your hands.

Jenn said...

Just wait her little responses will become even more clever and sometimes not so cute and funny--ha! Sorry to say Michelle but she outwitted you on this one.

Losie Family said...

Aunt Lauren will just need to help Lily with her Spanish. Hahaha! She is sooo funny! Smart little one on your hands!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com