Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I'm Stuck!

Up to this point, Lily has not been all that adventurous. She thinks that jumping off the step on her step-stool is a BIG deal! No jumping off the couches, climbing on furniture...no, not Lily. I have actually been secretly relieved that she is this way as I am already a bit paranoid as it is. However, I think this is starting to change.....

Last night, Lily was drinking out of a straw cup with a removable lid. She decided to take the straw out and stick her finger in the hole where the straw goes...just to see what happens.

Well, this is what happened......


She came crying to Daddy who then proceeded to take her to the sink to put some soap on it to loosen her finger. No such luck. So, his response? "Well Lily...we got to cut it off!" So as he went to the garage to get the pliers, I got the camera. How can I miss a monumental moment like her first stuck finger?! :-) Nevermind that she was in total fear and crying her eyes out!

As her finger was turning purple, Justin began to cut the plastic lid...like any carpenter would...very precisely! I quietly hoped he would HURRY UP! But, all is well now and here is a picture to prove she still has 5 fingers on her right hand. Oh...and she was thrilled that I was taking pictures of this event, by the way :-)


No comments:



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com