Friday, November 12, 2010

Lily the big sister

Jackson just turned 6 weeks old and Lily has been having a great time with her new little brother! I anticipated that she would be quite the helper, but of course you never know until the baby arrives what will actually be the case.

I have to say...thankfully, I was right!

Lily is fantastic. Every time I need to change Jackson's diaper, she is right there racing me to the changing table to get his diaper for me. She even runs to get her step-stool so she can watch the whole diaper-changing process. When he is crying in the other room, she goes to "calm him down" (as she likes to say). His crying doesn't seem to irritate her and it's very funny to hear her voice jump up about 3 octave levels when she speaks to him. Apparently, that's how you talk to a baby!

Yesterday was my 6 week checkup at the doctor. I had asked Justin to come, but then decided I could handle it on my own. Big step on my part. Jackson does not like being awake in his carseat right now. In fact, he REALLY does not like it. So, here we are in the doctor's office and Lily is "in charge" of Jackson. I had to laugh at myself as I was giving her instructions. The fact that she is almost 4 years old, yet I talk to her as if she were 10 does surprise me at times. She was supposed to rock his car seat AND hold his pacifier for him so he did not spit it out. This was all while she was eating a sucker that one of the nurses had given her. Honestly, I did not think she could handle it. I had given her a lot of tasks and figured I was just going to resolve to the fact that I would have a screaming baby in the exam room. Well...she did it! When my midwife came in, she was shocked that Lily was so responsible, caring, and affectionate toward her little brother.

I know there will be times coming that I will be blogging on sibling rivalry, but for now, I am very happy that Lily loves her baby brother and they are bonding as siblings.

No comments:



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com