Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Supernanny

I have become a huge Supernanny fan over the years. I have two of her parenting books and they are such easy reads that they are great to take to our storytime at the library on Fridays so I can have some "mommy reading time" too.

I have adopted Supernanny's "naughty step" method for timeout.
First step: warning
Second step: timeout for 4 minutes (equivalent to one minute per age) on our staircase
During her timeout she is to be "thinking about why she was sent to the step"
Third step: come out of timeout to have a discussion with mommy or daddy as to why she was sent there
Fourth step: she apologizes
Fifth step: hugs and kisses

This is all background information for a discussion I had with Lily the other day.

Lily came out of timeout and we went through this process, as we usually do.
She then asked, "Mommy, are you doing what Supernanny tells you to do?"
Acting confused and a little surprised, I asked her, "What do you mean?"
Lily then responded, "Well...you are always reading Supernanny at the library, so are you teaching me and Jack like Supernanny wants you to?"

Is nothing sacred? Can a mom not get a little advice from a "professional" without her children being smart enough to figure it out?
I'm going to have to hide my ammo from now on. My daughter is getting too smart for her own good.

No comments:



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com