Thursday, July 7, 2011

Anniversary

Daddy and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary last week. The morning of this special day, we were up drinking coffee when Lily woke up. Almost immediately after entering the room for her morning hugs, she said "I'll be right back!" and left to go back downstairs.

When she came back minutes later, she gave me this picture and said "Happy Anniversary Mommy!":


In case you cannot see it clearly, it is me (pink, with her version of "hair" that sticks straight out the sides :) and Daddy (blue, with just a few hairs on top of his head...hee,hee) in a heart. And also a heart down below.

I teared up when she gave this to me. She didn't draw it that morning either. It was something she had done earlier in the week that she was waiting to give us on our anniversary. The fact that she knows how much her Mommy & Daddy love each other is so important to us. And that she can communicate that to us in a picture means more than words can say.

Thank you Lily for this special anniversary gift to us! We love it...and love you more.

1 comment:

Emily Blair said...

This is so sweet! What an amazing little girl you have there! :)



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com