Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Jackson's first haircut

Well...I finally caved and decided to get my little boy's hair cut. As much as I loved his "shaggy do", it was growing over his ears and driving me crazy. So...it was time.

The "before" shot:

I have to share a funny story about the salon we went to. I received a "free haircut" coupon in the mail for my birthday from a salon & spa that I have never been to. I decided his first haircut would be the perfect occasion to use this coupon. Apparently, I am so stuck in "kid world" that I forgot that the title "salon & spa" would ensue that this is most likely not a kid-friendly place. And, I was right. There were postings near the seating area stating something to the effect of "keep your kids quiet, as this is a spa". And what do I do? Bring my 13-month-old wild man, and 4-year-old chatter box! And, to keep "wild man" still, Lily pulled out the cheerios and then proceeded to spill them all over the floor! Thankfully, it was a quick experience and the staff was very friendly. But, it was obvious that we were not their typical clientele :-)

getting prepped..
Mommy had to hold him still
(about halfway in, I ended up having to hold him on my lap)
all done!
handsome boy!
(with an mouth full of animal cracker)

1 comment:

Losie Family said...

HAHAHA I LOVE the before shot!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com