Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Star of the Week!


Lily was chosen as her Kindergarten class' first "Star of the Week"!  I received an email from her teacher, Miss Gosnell, last Friday notifying me of the exciting news!  When I picked Lily up, I had to hear ALL about it!  I asked her why she was chosen first and she replied, "Because I have had good behavior in class and I am following the playground rules". Although it is not completely a shock to us that she is following rules at school, we are overjoyed that she was chosen as the first "Star"!

She brought home a poster for us to decorate, or as Miss Gosnell put it, "jazz it up".  And boy, did we!  We got out the jewels, glitter glue, stickers, etc. and had great girl time being crafty.  It is on display on the puppet theater in the classroom for the week (above).  As part of her new role for the week, she is to help out the teacher with extra projects, walk kids to the nurse or other rooms, and the best one...she gets to invite 3 of her friends on Friday to eat lunch with Miss Gosnell in her room!  She is super excited about that one.

We are so proud of you, Lily.  You are setting a great example to your classmates by following the rules, having good behavior, and a good attitude!  Keep up the great work, our Big Star!


concentrating with glitter glue
her "jazzed up" poster
the Star herself!

2 comments:

Emily Blair said...

Congratulations, Lily! Oh, how I hope "following the rules" is in Bea's future. That's something of a (major!) struggle right now. 2 1/2 yrs = not my best stage.

Michelle said...

Thank you, Emily! Yes, we are in the midst of the early "2's" with Jackson and I completely understand your pain. It does get better, I promise! :)



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com