Saturday, March 30, 2013

Jackson- 2 1/2 years old


Oh this boy.  Becoming a mom of a boy is starting to change me...for the better.  I have no choice sometimes but to laugh and lighten up a little.  Otherwise, I would be crying...a lot.  :)

This age has been fun for so many reasons.  He is starting to become his own person and with the many phrases that are coming out of his mouth, a funny one at that.  A friend once told me that a child's vocabulary increases from 50 words to 500 words between the years 2-3, and I believe this is true for Jackson.  Just this past week, he was tackling the word "pistachio" which his Grandpa L. got a kick out of.  I have tried documenting the "new words" of the past 6 months, but it is a hopeless cause.  He is increasingly catching up to his big sister and amazing us daily with his ability to formulate complete sentences. 

Some new "Jackisms" of the moment are as follows...

He has a favorite juice.  It's a Guava-Mango juice, which he has named "Bongo" juice.  Somehow that name has stuck and I now catch myself writing "Bongo juice" on my grocery list.

enjoying his favorite juice
A couple of months ago, we got rid of the highchair.  Since it was so bulky, I was ready to say goodbye to it.  But once it was gone, I felt myself a little sad that the "baby-ness" of our kitchen also disappeared as well.  Jackson was happy to graduate to the "big table" with his sissy.

enjoying breakfast together
As mentioned before, we are slowly approaching the potty-training phase.  Do you notice a procrastination trend in this area?  Yeah, I'll admit this is tough one for me.  But, mark my words...soon!  I had to post this pic as we have a similar one of Lily on the same potty chair with a magazine :).


Jackson has developed an interest in Legos.  There are few toys that catch his attention for long, but this seems to be one of them.  He loves building with his Daddy and Lily, and his favorite thing is to build "big towers" and knock them down.

 

New trait that drives me nuts...taking one of his socks off.  We are forever trying to find the "missing sock" on our way out the door.  I still can't figure out his reasoning for this...temperature control?  irritate Mommy?  I'm thinking the latter.  He sure is cute in the picture though :).


Jackson is "all boy", as they say.  He loves planes, trains, and automobiles.  Sports...ALL sports.  He is continuously telling us "I play SOCCER!", so we are researching affordable ways to try to make this happen.  He seems to be very coordinated for his age.  He is always running...and when he stops, he lands with a two-foot hop.  I like to compare him to a long-jumper :).  He loves to jump, hop, kick, and is fairly successful without too many falls.

As I have mentioned before, he is quite the social butterfly.  I can't go to a store and just run in and out without him striking up a conversation with another customer!  He is his Daddy!  Just last week at the airport, he stopped and chatted with many passengers waiting to board..."Hi!  I go to California on an AIRPLANE!" was his typical conversation starter.  I love watching him walk with a confident bounce in his step.

No doubt, there will be more adventure ahead with Jackson and I'll be sure to share it!

No comments:



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com