Monday, August 12, 2013

Lily gets glasses!

In June, I took Lily in for her annual eye exam.  Toward the end of the school year, she had been complaining that some of the words she was reading were blurry.  My suspicions were correct...she needed glasses!  Thankful for Aunt Carissa's suggestion, we headed to an eyeglass shop that had a two-for-one special! Lily was fortunate to choose not one, but two pair of glasses to "match her outfits"!  But of course!

We picked them up and she loves them!  I realize this phase will fade, but for now I am enjoying watching her excitement and the meticulous care of which glasses go in which case.  And I will say, for the record, that she chose both of  these frames on her own.  I bit my tongue many times and did not suggest a particular pair, which was very difficult for me to do.  Like her mother, she has a tendency to people-please and I did not want her to regret her choice simply because "Mommy liked them".  I mention this to say I think she did a fabulous job of choosing frames that she likes and that suit her face.  Lily is quite the fashionista! 

pink frames

brown frames

1 comment:

Amy Evelyn Oden said...

Both pairs look great on her! :-)



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com