Thursday, August 5, 2010

Something I don't want to forget..

I'm currently in my 3rd trimester of pregnancy. Needless to say, the moments of aches & pains/tiredness/crankiness/etc. have become more frequent. This pregnancy, I have had sciatic nerve problems among other issues, and it seems this time around has been overall more difficult than Lily's pregnancy.

Anyway, the reason for my sharing that information is that Lily has been observing every move I make. If I am sitting on the couch, exhausted, she will come up to me and give me a hug. When I am grabbing my back or leg in pain, she is right there giving me little pats or rubbing my back.

I just can't help but wonder, are most 3 1/2 year olds this observant and emotionally-connected to their parents' needs? Is this just her personality or do most little ones react this way?

I have loved every moment of this and it just warms my heart every time she asks me "Are you OK, Mommy?". She is such a sweet, loving little girl and even though my temper throughout this pregnancy has been short (sad to say...many times), it has not seemed to phase her much. Typically, I will apologize to her if I know my frustration is due to pregnancy and not her behavior and she will just respond, calmly, "It's OK, Mommy".

I'm looking forward to watching her grow and interact with her baby brother soon. I know she will be very attentive to him (possibly more than I am ready for :), but most of all, affectionate and loving. And that's more than I can hope or ask for.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Forget being short during pregnancy...pretty soon, you're giving her the BEST gift (and i do mean best) she could ever hope for! A sibling (and specifically, a little brother!)

Today was Lu's first day of school and Asher did not know what to do without her! They are best friends.

Watching the sibling relationship is my absolute favorite part of being a parent.

I would not be surprised at all if she wants to be his little mommy. :P



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com