Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Transition to Big Girl room

This week, I decided it was time that we transition Lily officially from her "baby" room into her "big girl" room. I am currently 33 weeks pregnant, so we only have 7 more weeks to go until baby brother is here!

We finished moving her clothing into her closet, and the room has been decorated in her owl theme. I blogged about her new bedding a while back:
http://lilymb.blogspot.com/2010/04/big-sister.html
It's just adorable. She has owl, tree, and bird decals on her wall and I have caught her, on occasion, talking to them. She loves her new "big bed" and the fact that she can now have multiple stuffed animals, or "babies" as she refers to them, in bed with her...comfortably.

The first night of transition, I have to admit, I was anxious. I decided to sleep downstairs on the couch just in case there would be multiple ups and downs. I figured...better to be downstairs than climbing up and down while I'm half asleep!
We did our normal bedtime routine, then Lily said "Mommy, I'm really tired. I'm going to sleep." She asked me if I was going to stay downstairs and I told her I would, so I'm thinking that was of some comfort to her. Then I tucked her in and that was it!
I went upstairs and got ready for bed and when I came down, she was out. I just watched her for a few minutes...my little 3 1/2-year-old in a full-size bed with her owl stuffed animals (Penny & Joy) tucked under the covers right next to her.
She is really growing up.

The next morning she did not want to get out of bed! She insisted that Daddy come downstairs and see her in her "big girl bed" before she got up. We congratulated her on a successful night in her new room and she has been looking forward to it every night since! Who would have thought it would have been this easy!? Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon....

2 comments:

Pat said...

Well done Lily! You are growing up fast.

Unknown said...

What a sweet girl! Maddie loves her big girl bed too ... she even prefers it to sleeping in the bunk bed with Logan. I think girls just like to have their space, especially for all their lovies and stuffed animals. Way to go Lily!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com