Sunday, October 3, 2010

Jackson Lee has arrived!



We had quite a surprise earlier this week when I started having contractions (almost 2 weeks before my due date) on Monday night and we went into the hospital only to determine it was a "false alarm". We came back home and got some rest only to have the contractions start up again at 5:45am on Tuesday morning. Only this time it was the real thing!
We decided to drop Lily off at daycare and then head to the hospital...after a shower and throwing some last-minute things together. It was about 6:45am when we left the house...near "prime-time" for traffic on a Tuesday morning. By the time we dropped Lily off at daycare at 7:00am, I was having MAJOR contractions- about 2 every 5 minutes and it was still at least a 20 minute commute (or more given the traffic) for us to the hospital. We didn't make it to our hospital of choice (St. Luke's- Plaza) and stopped off at another one on the way (St. Luke's East- Lees Summit). By this time, my water broke and we were headed to the labor & delivery room.
The nursing staff was fantastic at getting us to a room right away- I was dialated to a 5 and 80% effaced. We checked in at 7:10am and after exactly 3 hours of labor, I delivered our son, Jackson Lee Bolinger at 10:10am.
His statistics: 8 lbs. 6 oz. 20" long

We are overjoyed with our new arrival and Lily is so happy to finally be able to hold and kiss her new baby brother.
Welcome to the world, Jackson Lee! We love you and are so happy you are here!

5 comments:

Losie Family said...

LOVE these new pictures! The one with four of you is a great family photo!! I CANNOT wait to get my hands on him!!

Losie Family said...

LOVE these new pictures! The one with four of you is a great family photo!! I CANNOT wait to get my hands on him!!

Sarah Fiala said...

Glad you are here too Jack. Can't wait to see you :D Tell Mommy she's going to have to start your own blog soon :D

Unknown said...

You guys are just as cute as ever! And in that last picture, oh my! He looks like he is 3 months old! CUTE!

carissab said...

Still can't get over this last pic, Michelle! And I can't wait to get my hands on him again!!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com