Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter 2013

This year was a bit of a wild Easter.  We returned last Thursday from a week in CA, and it was "all systems go" for Mommy to get all of the traditional Easter activities done.  I'm sure I could have eliminated the majority of it and saved myself some stress, but what is a holiday without stress anyway?! :)  Regardless, we still had fun and the most memorable activity for me was the Resurrection Buns.  As I was explaining the story of Jesus' Crucifixion and Resurrection, Lily was completing my sentences!  Nothing makes me prouder as a mom than knowing my child understands what Christ did for her and for all of us!

Enjoy the highlights of our Easter weekend:

Lily and I had an Easter baking afternoon!  We made these Bird's Nests....

 and Easter bark- with Sweetart jelly beans!



Our neighbors are so great to our kids!  We came home from the store and these baskets were on the porch!

Resurrection Buns- walking through the story of Christ's Crucifixion and Resurrection
It's egg-dying time!

We tried glitter eggs this year...not sure I will do this again :)
The egg crew
The Easter Bunny came!

Easter cuties heading to church

this was picture #5 or so...can you tell? :)  Easter outfits courtesy of Grandma L.!

Easter lunch at Great Aunt Mary's with 2nd cousins

Egg hunt time!


Bunny man Jackson

Silly Lily!
with Aunt Sarah!


We didn't get to spend Easter with Grandma & Grandpa B. since Grandma was sick :(  But they gave the kids these adorable Easter baskets!


Easter jammies made by Grandma B.!  So perfect for both kids- Lily's fav colors are pink & purple and Jackson loves the moon and the planets!

Our kids were spoiled rotten with not one, but 4 Easter baskets!  I think I have finally sucked up the last of the Easter "grass" in the vacuum...thankfully!  What a fun Easter!

No comments:



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com