Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Jackson's first day of Preschool!


Today was the day!  Jackson's first day of Preschool!  I'm still in a bit of a fog that this day has already come and gone.  Surprisingly, it seemed so "normal"!  He has been talking and talking about going to "big school" like his sister Lily.  He admires her so much so the thought of being able to go to school "just like sissy" makes him very proud.

We had Back to School Open House last week.  While Daddy and I were in a parent meeting, Jackson was in his class getting acquainted with his new teacher, Mrs. Jessica.  This was the best idea.  He had a great opportunity to have some one-on-one time with his teacher and meet some new classmates.  Honestly, I was fearful beforehand how this event might turn out.  He does not have any familiar faces at this school, so there was a strong possibility this may have gone badly...meaning with tears, lots of tears.  But, once again, he proved me wrong!  He walked right in and turned to me and said "Bye Mama!"  Well, OK then!  

Today was even smoother!  I walked him up to his class, he hung up his backpack, then found his name to put on the board.  There were a few hugs and kisses (probably more for me than for him!) and he was off and playing.  No tears from him..or from me!  Like I said, this transition just felt natural.  

I picked him up after class and he was jabbering the whole way home about singing songs, reading books, playing in the playground, meeting new friends, and having snacks!  He is so excited to go back on Thursday!  We are so proud of our little Preschooler!

with his teacher, Mrs. Jessica
Back to School night

in front of the playground
outside of his classroom
finding his name to put on the board
hanging up his backpack

No comments:



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com