Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Tooth Fairy visits Lily!

The day finally arrived for Lily!  At 6 years and 9 months old, her first two baby teeth finally came out.  Lily had been whining a bit that her bottom teeth were hurting.  Figuring they were finally loosening up, I kept telling her just to wiggle them and soon enough they would come out.  That was until she showed me her mouth!  Her permanent tooth did not have room to come in, due to overcrowding of her baby teeth, so it came in behind!  They call this a "shark tooth".  Yikes!  Since her teeth in front were not remotely loose, the dentist suggested coming in to have them removed.  Lily was such a trooper throughout the whole process, and since I had Jackson with me, she endured the procedure alone in the exam room!  One more example of how much my little girl is growing up!

She was in a bit of pain the first 24 hours, but seems to be enjoying the new "lisp" sound she is making without those two teeth in front. :-)  And, this was her first opportunity to use the new Tooth Fairy pillow Aunt Sarah F. made for her!  It was quite fitting that this day was also "Superhero" day at school, so Lily went in to the dentist as Wonder Woman.  Indeed she is!


new smile!
before the procedure.  best closeup I could get of her "shark tooth"

the Tooth Fairy came!

No comments:



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com