Monday, May 24, 2010

My little helper

After returning home from a trip to WalMart, I was unpacking all of the bags and assigning Lily little things to put away. I am loving this age of helping...since she actually enjoys being of assistance :-)

I put all of the bathroom items together in one bag and asked Lily to carry the bag into the bathroom and put them on the counter.

About 20 minutes later, I needed something from that bag. I went into the bathroom and could not find the bag! I asked Lily where the bag was? "In the trash", Lily responded. Searching both local trash cans, I still did not find the items, so then I got frustrated. After asking a few different ways, I still got the same response.

Well...now Mommy was angry..."Lily, you can not be my helper if you put things in the wrong place and cannot tell me where they are!! (...more ranting under my breath)"

I then opened up the bathroom cabinet, and there were the Q-tips we just bought. I opened the drawers, and there was the deodrant we also bought!! I was in shock and awe that not only did she take the bag into the bathroom, but she put EVERYTHING AWAY!! And she threw away the plastic bag, hence the "in the trash" response she gave me earlier.

So...needless to say, I profusely apologized to my little one for my reaction and thanked her for being SUCH a great helper!! Honestly, I had no idea she knew where all of the stuff went, let alone would she be capable to put it all away at her age.

Mommy can get used to this!

1 comment:

Dana Nassau said...

That's a good reminder to keep our cool. So easy to get frustrated with our little ones and their good intentions, often, but not in this case, gone wrong.

She sounds like such a sweet girl. We should get the kids together next time you're in LA



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com