Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Princess Party


On Sunday, Lily was invited by a Preschool friend to her 4th birthday party. Her mom had let me know there would be a "live princess" at the party, so I knew this was not one to miss. I decided to bring my camera along, just in case. Glad I did. This was Lily's kind of party!

The preparation for the party was an event in of itself. Not wanting to overshadow the actual birthday girl, I would not let Lily wear a dress-up princess dress, her fancy tiara, and bring her princess wand. She was not too happy about my decision, but I thought it might be overdoing it. Looking back, I should have asked the birthday girl's mom, since it would have fit right in with the theme. Oh well. I'll remember next time.

Cinderella showed up and for the first 15 minutes of the party, the girls were asking question after question: "Where is your castle?", "Do you like the bow in my hair?", "I love your dress!", "Do you like my dress?", "Where is your car?", etc. I couldn't help but sit back and giggle at these little girls and their desire to be noticed by the princess.


Anything that came to mind, the girls blurted out. They just wanted to have something, anything, to say! So Lily had her turn. "My mommy says I have to wear special shorts (bloomers) under my dress so you don't see my panties!" Oh great! Cinderella quickly responded with "Yes, dear, you don't want anyone to see your panties! (giggle)"


The party proceeded with a game of popping bubbles with fairy wands, a treasure hunt, and makeovers for the girls/ face painting for the boys. Lily got to pick her favorite eye shadow color, was given blush, a little lip stick, and some glitter hair spray to go along with her jeweled crown. She came waltzing over to me when all was done and said "Mommy, I am a princess!!"

When it came time for Cinderella to leave, the girls were very disappointed. They took a few pictures, then said their goodbyes.

I overheard Lily talking to Cinderella saying "I'll see you at my party!"

We'll see about that! :-)


No comments:



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com