Monday, February 25, 2013

Great-Grandpa Martin

Yesterday, Great-Grandpa Martin went home to be with our Lord. I am thankful both of our kids were able to get to know him, although we lived at a distance.  During our last trip to CA this past summer, we were able to spend some time with Great-Grandpa and Great-Grandma Martin.  I recall Great-Grandpa chuckling at Jackson and his constant activity.  He also realized Jackson was fond of lemons during lunch out at a restaurant, so he continued to feed him lemons during our entire lunch.  Lily has always loved seeing her great-grandparents and immediately bonded with Great-Grandpa.  I recall her walking up to him when she was almost 3-years-old, with a Dora book in hand, asking him to read it to her.  And, whenever she was on the couch next to him, she had to snuggle up.
I have so many great childhood memories with Grandpa and I'm thankful that my children were able to make some of their own.

We look forward to the day we see you again in Heaven, Great-Grandpa!

Philippians 3:20-21 "But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body."

No comments:



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com