Monday, February 11, 2013

Lily's 1st goose hunting trip with Daddy

This past weekend, Lily joined Daddy on her first goose hunt.  As an avid hunter, Daddy has been counting the days for this moment.  I'm really not sure who was more excited...Daddy or Lily?  They left early on Saturday morning, with snacks and iPad to occupy Lily during "downtime".  Daddy set up a nice warm blind for her and, after seeing what layers she peeled off when she came home, he kept her nice and toasty!
I am only able to retell the story as it was told to me from Daddy, so I'm sure I will skip some details.  However, I know this event will be forever embedded in Daddy's memory, so he can fill in the gaps :).
After they got set up, Lily took about an hour to hour-and-a-half nap (that's my girl!).  Justin said there were geese flying overhead, sporadically, but he just let her sleep.  Right after she woke up, Justin was able to call two geese closer to them and asked Lily, "Are you ready?"  She said "Yeah!"  So two shots were fired and two unlucky geese fell.  Lily has been reciting this next part ALL weekend...to her grandparents, church friends, anyone who will listen!  Lily said "Daddy got so excited!  I have never seen him get that excited!  He gave me the biggest bear hug and swung me around!"  They both had such fun together.
This was an event that will definitely go down in the memory books for both Daddy and Lily.  And I'm sure there will be many more to come.
Where's Lily?

Oh...there she is!

with her trophy geese (and BB gun prop :)


proud Daddy


quite the geese-slaying team!

No comments:



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com