Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bilingual Lily

There are really only two T.V. shows that Lily will actually watch....Sesame Street and Dora the Explorer.

For those of you who are familiar with Dora, you know that she speaks both Spanish and English in her shows. As annoying as this show can get sometimes with all the silly voices, I think it is a great educational tool for young kids. Since Lily is such a Dora fan, she is pretty much glued to her every word.

The other night at dinner, Lily took a bite of her chicken and said "Delicioso!" (for you non-Spanish speakers..."delicious").

She was also helping me the other night make dinner and said "Ayudame" (help me) in perfect timing and context!

My father insisted I take 4 years of Spanish in high school. Although I can't say I enjoyed each moment, I see the true value in learning another language....especially Spanish!

Felicitaciones Lily! I think I will be able to tolerate Dora for a while longer now!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Hi love the my kiddos can talk to our house keeper in Spanish! Keep it up Lily...what a cute story!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com