Friday, June 12, 2009

Paci Fairy


So this is the big weekend. Lily is finally going to be giving her paci's to the "Paci Fairy" for all the other babies who may need them. Got this great idea from my friend Lindsey and so far Lily has grabbed onto it. I started prepping her on Monday that this was her last week with her pacifier for bedtime. All was well until tonight, of course.
She helped me put them all in a pink bag and placed them on the porch for the "Paci Fairy" to come (see picture). We then went to brush her teeth and with her chest all puffed up she said "I'm a big girl now, Mommy!" In my mind I am thinking "Great! Piece of cake!" Then came the march of doom to her bedroom. It was then that she finally realized what just occurred. There was about 10 minutes of crying involved- flailing arms, throwing herself on the bed...you know, all the girlie drama. But I am now happy to say that she is sleeping soundly in her bed.
The Paci Fairy did bring her a small thank-you gift, so hopefully that will help ease the pain for tomorrow. I guess I will just have to pray that after a few days the paci will be a distant memory.
You are a big girl now, sweetie! Only babies need paci's!

1 comment:

carissab said...

I'm loving this. What a great idea! Can't hardly stand to think of Lily crying though! :-)



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com